This short tutorial guides on how to add lines to PDF in Python. A list of steps including the configuration resources, and the programming tasks are defined in it along with the runnable sample code demonstrating how to draw a line in PDF in Python. This sample code can be executed in any of the environments supporting .NET and Python and can be altered according to the user’s requirements.
Steps to Add a Line to PDF in Python
- Set the IDE to use Aspose.PDF for Python via .NET to add a line
- Create a new PDF file using the Document class followed by adding a page to it
- Create a graph object and a line object with the required parameters
- Append this line object to the shapes collection of the graph object declared above
- Add the graph object to the paragraphs collection of the PDF document
- Save the PDF file on the disk having a line in it
These steps summarize the process of how to draw line in PDF file in Python. The process is commenced with the creation of a new PDF file followed by the addition of a page to it that will hold the line drawn during this process. A graph object is must equipped to be created as it contains a collection of shapes where the newly created line will be added before adding this graph object to the paragraphs of the PDF file.
Code to Draw a Line on PDF in Python
This code demonstrates how to draw lines on PDF in Python. For drawing any object on a PDF page, a graph object is required with a specified rectangular area that can hold different types of shapes like lines, circles, arcs, curves, eclipses, etc. All such objects are first created and initialized and then appended to the shapes collection of the specific graph object.
This quick tutorial guides you on how to draw a line in a PDF in Python. If you want to learn the process to add an audio file to a PDF, refer to the article on how to add audio to PDF using Python.