In this easy tutorial, we will learn how to convert Outlook Email to Word using C# along with detailed steps to configure the environment. You will observe that in order to convert an EML to DOCX C# based API can be used and you can use this example in any of the commonly available operating systems like Windows, Linux or macOS.
Steps to Convert Outlook Email to DOCX using C#
- Configure your application to install Aspose.Email and Aspose.Word libraries from NuGet package manager
- Instantiate the MailMessage class object to load the source MSG or EML format email file
- Save the loaded Email (EML/MSG) file in a stream to an MHTML format
- Instantiate the LoadFormat to MHTML and instantiate the Document class object to load the intermediate MHTML created in the previous step
- By using the Save method in C# EML to Word conversion is done
By using the above steps in C# Email to Word conversion application is developed. We will load the source MSG or EML file from the disk using the MailMessage class object as a starting point, which is then followed by saving the email file to a stream in MHTML format. Finally, we will load the intermediate MHTML from a stream using the Document class object and convert the email to DOCX.
Code to Convert Outlook Email to DOCX using C#
In the above example, in order to convert EML to Word C# is used with the help of a simple API interface and clearly defined steps. The above code can be used for Email files in EML and MSG formats. One can also save the loaded MHTML to image or PDF outputs as well.
In this topic, we learnt how to convert Outlook Email to Docx using C# based API. If you are looking to convert MBOX to PST, refer to the article on how to convert MBOX to PST File in C#.