In this small topic, we will focus on how to convert Outlook Email to TIFF using C# by following the detailed steps for setting up the environment. In order to convert an EML to TIFF C# based API providing a simple API interface can be used in any .NET configured environment in operating systems like Windows, macOS, or Linux.
Steps to Convert Outlook Email to TIFF using C#
- Set up the environment to install Aspose.Email and Aspose.Words libraries from the NuGet package manager
- Create the MailMessage class object to load the source MSG or EML format email file
- Save the accessed Email (EML/MSG) file in a stream to an MHTML format
- Initialize the LoadFormat to MHTML and create the Document class object to load the intermediate MHTML created in the earlier step
- By using the Save method in C# EML to TIFF conversion is done
By following the aforementioned steps in C# Email to TIFF converter application can be developed. We will initiate the process by loading the source MSG or EML file from the disk using the MailMessage class object, which is then followed by saving the output as an intermediate MHTML file in a memory stream. Then by using an instance of the Document class, the MHTML will be loaded and saved as a TIFF file on the disk using the Save method.
Code to Convert Outlook Email to TIFF using C#
In order to convert EML to TIFF C# based simple API calls and well defined steps have been referred in the above example. It’s a two steps process, whereby in the first step the EML or MSG file is saved as an intermediate MHTML file in a memory stream. Then in the final step, the MHTML is converted to a TIFF file and saved on the disk.
In this article, we witnessed how to convert Outlook Email to TIFF using C# based API. If you are looking to open an MSG file without MS Outlook, refer to the article on how to open MSG file without Outlook in C#.