This brief tutorial explains how to create pivot table in Excel using Java. It has the details to set the development environment for building the application, a list of steps to accomplish the task, and a runnable sample code demonstrating how to add pivot table in Excel using Java. This article shares the programming logic and explains the required properties and methods.
Steps to Build a Pivot Table in Excel using Java
- Set the development environment to use Aspose.Cells for Java to create a pivot table
- Create a workbook class object and add some sample data for the pivot table
- Access the collection of the pivot tables from the first sheet and add a new pivot table
- Access the pivot table followed by hiding the grand total for the rowsAccess the pivot table followed by hiding the grand total for the rows
- Add fields for the areas named COLUMN, ROW, and DATA
- Save the resultant workbook with sample data and pivot table
These steps summarize the process of how to make a pivot table in Excel using Java. Start the process by loading an Excel file with the required data or create a new file with sample data and add a pivot table at the target location in a sheet. Add field to areas column, row, and data, hide grand total for the rows, and save the workbook.
Code to Create Pivot Table using Java
This code demonstrates how to generate pivot table in Excel using Java. Create a pivot table by setting the data range, pivot table location on the sheet, and the name of the pivot table. Set the fields for various areas using PivotFieldType COLUMN, ROW, and DATA. To show the grand total for rows, use the setRowGrand() method with the argument ‘true’.
This article has guided us in creating a pivot table. For deleting a pivot table, refer to the article on how to remove pivot table using Java.